Fine lines, wrinkles, and lost volume are telling signs of an aging face that become increasingly more difficult to cover or correct using makeup and creams. Smoothing your skin and adding volume can help you achieve a more youthful and bright appearance. Injectable treatments target the signs of an aging appearance and help correct them.
What Are Injectables?
The term “injectable” covers a large family of products that are designed to add volume to the skin to improve the appearance of an aging face. They are delivered via a thin needle into the tissues of the face. Some injectables are nerve inhibitors, which cause the facial muscles to relax to improve the appearance of wrinkles. Other injectables interact with the collagen in your skin to fill in wrinkles and add volume.
What Injectables Are Available?
The Premiere Center for Cosmetic Surgery offers a wide range of injectables to help you achieve the results you desire. Each injectable is designed to correct a specific problem area of the face.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: A nerve inhibitor used to treat crow’s feet, forehead lines, and brow wrinkles
- Dysport®: A nerve inhibitor used to treat crow’s feet, forehead lines, and brow wrinkles
- Dysport® is faster acting than BOTOX® Cosmetic but has a shorter lifespan
- JUVÉDERM®: A hyaluronic acid filler used to correct wrinkles around the nose and mouth
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC: A filler designed to restore volume to the cheeks
- RADIESSE®: A filler that stimulates collagen production for long-lasting wrinkle correction around the nose and mouth
- Restylane®: Treats wrinkles around the nose and mouth and can increase the volume of the lips for non-surgical lip augmentation
What Are the Benefits of Injectables?
Injectables are usually the ideal treatment for patients with noticeable wrinkles but very little skin sagging. (Sagging skin is usually treated with a facelift.) Injectables provide noticeable improvement to the appearance of the face without the need for surgical intervention. Injectables can also restore volume to the face whereas a facelift cannot. Other benefits of injectables include:
- Fast procedure time
- No incisions
- Minimal side effects
- Fast recovery time
Injectable treatments don’t provide long-term correction; repeat treatments are necessary to maintain the results you desire. Injectables also don’t restore elasticity to the skin. If loose, sagging skin is contributing to your aged appearance, a facelift may be required to restore a youthful appearance. When a facelift and injectable treatments are combined, many patients find they can maintain a longer-lasting youthful appearance.
If you want to erase the years from your face with injectable treatments, schedule your consultation with the Premiere Center for Cosmetic Surgery today. Contact our office Miami at 305-705-6152, or Tampa office at 813-400-1465, or fill out our online contact form here for additional information.