in Tampa, FL
Pregnancy and childbirth will have effects on a woman’s body no matter how “good” her genes are. The breasts will definitely change in appearance as they enlarge during pregnancy and decrease in size after breastfeeding. The abdomen will have some degree of loose skin, and stretch marks are likely to appear.
The Mommy Makeover combines two or more cosmetic procedures that enhance and rejuvenate these troublesome areas to restore beauty and youthfulness to a mother’s post-pregnancy body.
The Benefits of a Mommy Makeover
- Improved self-esteem
- Restored confidence
- Enhanced femininity
What Does Mommy Makeover Surgery Consist of?
Depending on the patient’s desires, she can choose any combination of the following procedures: breast augmentation, breast lift, tummy tuck, and liposuction. All procedures use general anesthesia and can take one to three hours to complete. Recovery time varies depending on the procedures chosen.
“…The appointments are always on time, quick, and friendly! They always make me feel comfortable and happy with my results! “Contact Us
Mommy Makeover Options
- Silicone or saline breast implants are inserted through either an incision around the areola (periareolar) or along the breast crease (inframammary). Incisions are closed with sutures, and any scars are well-hidden.
- Breast augmentation will increase the size of the breasts and improve their shape. This procedure is an especially good option for mothers who have lost breast volume but do not have much sagging skin in the area.
- Breast augmentation is a popular procedure because it adds youthful volume to the breasts with the option of a full and round look or a more natural look. A breast augmentation should be combined with a breast lift in patients who have significant sagging or whose nipples point downward, as breast implants alone may not fill the excess skin.
- An incision is made along the natural breast crease, from the middle of the crease up to the bottom of the areola, and around the areola to form an anchor shape. This allows the surgeon to move the nipple higher up on the breast and remove any excess skin for an overall lifted appearance.
- A breast lift will raise the breasts to a more youthful position. If desired, the size of the areola (which often becomes enlarged during pregnancy) can be decreased during this procedure.
- Breast lift surgery will remove sagging skin and improve the shape of the breasts without the risks that come with breast implants. A breast lift will not increase the size of the breasts.
- Tummy tuck surgery requires one incision across the lower pelvis and sometimes another incision around the navel. Excess skin is removed, the abdominal muscles are tightened, and the skin is draped over the firmer structure for an improved abdominal contour.
- A tummy tuck will remove the excess skin from the upper and lower abdomen that women often gain from pregnancy. A mini tummy tuck can be performed if the patient only needs improvement in the lower abdomen. Stretch marks will be removed if they are located on the skin that is removed during the procedure.
- While the tummy tuck can eliminate excess skin in the abdomen, the procedure alone cannot remove excess fat. In cases where excess skin and fat need to be removed, this procedure is combined with liposuction.
- Liposuction eliminates fat from almost any area of the body. The fat is removed with vacuum suction through a few very small incisions as the surgeon shapes the area into a more aesthetically pleasing shape.
- Many mothers find it more difficult to lose fat in certain areas of the body, like the lower abdomen, after having children. The metabolism slows, and fat is just not distributed the way it was before.
- Liposuction is an excellent procedure to remove localized fat deposits from virtually anywhere on the body. However, it should not be considered a weight-loss procedure or a treatment for cellulite. Patients who also need to remove excess skin may consider combining this procedure with a tummy tuck or other body lifting procedure, as liposuction will not remove sagging skin.
Our philosophy is to create the most natural results and never do more than is necessary.View Photo Gallery
The best candidates for the Mommy Makeover are finished having children since a subsequent pregnancy would reverse the results of the procedure. Those who experience the best results are also near their ideal weight and have maintained that weight steadily for at least three months.
Although the Mommy Makeover combines two or more procedures, the length of recovery is similar to the recovery time after just one procedure: about two weeks. The two weeks after surgery will involve plenty of rest and no exercise or heavy lifting. Patients typically plan for two weeks off from work, but swelling may last from a couple of weeks to several weeks. Following your surgeon’s postoperative instructions can help speed up your recovery.
As with any surgical procedure, there will be some discomfort during recovery from the Mommy Makeover. Your surgeon will prescribe pain medication to make you more comfortable. Compression garments will help to accelerate the healing process, reduce swelling, and ease pain.
Breast augmentation and breast lift scars are hidden in the folds of the skin or along the line of pigmentation around the areola, and they will fade significantly with time. Tummy tuck surgery will result in a scar that spans the front of the pelvis from hipbone to hipbone. Typically, this scar can be hidden beneath most styles of swimwear and underwear. The scar around the navel is not usually noticeable and fades with time. Liposuction scars are usually about an inch in length in the targeted area and will also fade over time.
The cost of Mommy Makeover surgery varies significantly depending on the number of procedures combined and the extent of those procedures. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the 2014 national average surgeon fee for each procedure was as follows: breast augmentation: $3,708; breast lift: $4,377; tummy tuck: $5,493; and liposuction: $2,971. Financing options are available, which will make the Mommy Makeover procedure an achievable investment.