Anti-aging peels are used to improve the look and quality of your skin. They encompass a variety of chemical peels that rejuvenate skin by removing the damaged outermost cells to reveal a fresher layer underneath. At PREMIERE Center for Cosmetic Surgery, our medical estheticians work closely with a local compounding pharmacy. We offer customized anti-aging peels for our clients at both our Miami and Tampa Bay locations. A personalized chemical peel, with a broad range of depth and intensity, assures that your individual concerns are properly treated. You can trust PREMIERE’s experienced and caring staff to address your facial needs beautifully and safely.
How is an Anti-Aging Peel Administered?
Typically, an anti-aging peel involves an acid solution that is “painted” onto the skin. This eliminates the outer layer of cells, lightly exfoliating to give your skin a healthy glow. Chemical peels can reduce fine wrinkles (like those around the eyes or mouth), freckles and irregular pigmentation. They can also be used to eliminate sunspots and scaly patches of skin. However, anti-aging peels cannot change the size of your pores, improve sagging skin or remove deep scarring.
There are usually three kinds of anti-aging peels – superficial, medium-depth and deep. Each type accelerates the removal of old, dead cells at the surface of your skin to promote new cell growth. The difference is the extent of treatment.
- A superficial chemical peel, the most common, treats just the epidermis, or the outer layer of cells. Treatments usually take a few minutes.
- A medium-depth chemical peel can remove cells from both the epidermis and the upper part of the dermis, which is the middle layer of skin. This kind of peel is normally used to reduce small wrinkles and acne scars, as well as even out skin color and tone.
- A deep chemical peel penetrates the lower dermal layer of the skin to remove or lessen deeper wrinkles, lines and scars. The solution may be left on for 30 minutes or more.
When you meet with our experts at PREMIERE, you will be thoroughly evaluated so we can determine the best kind of anti-aging peel for you. Our facilities in Miami and Tampa Bay are equipped to handle all levels of skin rejuvenation.
Is an Anti-Aging Peel Right for ME?
Because the anti-aging peels at our Miami and Tampa Bay offices are customized to each patient, there is a good chance you may be a good candidate for the treatment. Generally, our chemical peels can help with the following:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Brown marks, freckles and skin pigmentation
- Age and liver spots (lentigines)
- Sun-damaged skin on the face or on bald scalp skin
- Acne and acne scars
- Scaly patches and rough skin
What Can I Expect After an Anti-Aging Peel?
Recovery from your anti-aging peel will be influenced by the extent of your procedure. Healing from a deep chemical peel will take the longest, while a superficial chemical peel typically yields less downtime. Your skin rejuvenation professional will make sure you have a thorough understanding of what to expect after your anti-aging peel treatment. To learn more about chemical peels, please book a consultation with us today.
How Much Does an Anti-Aging Peel Cost?
The prices for our anti-aging peels will depend heavily on the type of peel and the size of the treatment area. The best way to determine what anti-aging peel costs would be for you is to speak with our skin rejuvenation specialists at PREMIERE.