Your breasts are vulnerable to a variety of influences. Pregnancy, nursing and gravity all take their toll on your bust line. Aging can be the biggest culprit, sapping your skin of elasticity and causing your breasts to lose their shape and firmness. For patients at PREMIERE Center for Cosmetic Surgery a breast lift is the procedure of choice to address these conditions. Since 1994 PREMIERE has performed thousands of safe and affordable breast lifts on women throughout Florida.
How is a Breast Lift Performed?
A breast lift, or mastopexy, is a surgery that raises and reshapes sagging breasts. The plastic surgeons at PREMIERE will help you determine the expected size and shape of your breast depending on your anatomy and/or preferences.
At our surgery centers in Miami and Tampa Bay, there are three types of breast lift procedures, based on the degree of ptosis (sagging).
- The first type of breast lift addresses the least amount of sagging. To remedy a small level of ptosis (sagging), our board-certified plastic surgeons make an incision only around the areola.
- The second type of breast lift addresses a moderate amount of ptosis. Our surgeons make an incision around the areola and down the front of the breast, commonly referred to as a “lollipop” incision.
- The third type of breast lift addresses the most severe amount of sagging. Our plastic surgeons make an incision around the areola, down the front of the breast and in the breast crease, commonly referred to as an “anchor” incision.
A breast lift can also reduce the size of the areola, the darker skin surrounding the nipple.
If your breasts are small or have lost volume, you can combine a breast lift with a breast augmentation, where breast implants (saline or silicone) are inserted in conjunction with the mastopexy to increase both firmness and size.
Your breast lift with PREMIERE will usually be a two- to three-hour procedure, with minimal postoperative discomfort. The surgery is done on an outpatient basis, in the privacy and comfort of our fully accredited cosmetic surgery suites in Miami and Tampa Bay.
Is a Breast Lift Right for Me?
To be an ideal patient for a mastopexy, you should be healthy and at a stable weight. Typically, the women who seek a breast lift are concerned with the following:
- Sagging breasts that have lost shape and volume
- Flat, elongated or pendulous breasts
- Nipples that fall below the breast crease
- Nipples that point downward
- Stretched skin and enlarged areolas
- A breast that is lower than the other
What Can I Expect After a Breast Lift?
A common after-effect of mastopexy is a feeling of slight discomfort at the incision sites and in the overall breast tissue. You can also expect swelling, which will be minimized by an elastic bandage or support bra.
Our patients typically return to work and/or light activity within one week after their PREMIERE breast lift in Miami or Tampa Bay. However, it may take several weeks before you can begin strenuous exercise. It is important to keep in mind that each woman’s anatomy is different, so your results may vary.
How Much Does a Breast Lift Cost?
Prices for a mastopexy can vary widely, based on the extent of the operation and whether another procedure is performed at the same time, as well as other considerations. During your free initial consultation, the surgeons and staff at PREMIERE will be happy to discuss what a breast lift might cost you in the Miami or Tampa Bay region.
Our surgeons and staff are committed to providing the best care with the best results. To learn more about breast surgery procedures including mastopexy and breast implants / breast augmentation and financing options please book your free initial consultation today. Each of our surgeons is dedicated to you, your health and your results.View Mastopexy (Breast Lift Surgery) Gallery