Pregnancy, weight loss, and aging can all contribute to an unflattering silhouette in the form of excess skin and fat around the abdomen. For many people, this undesirable layer of tissue prevents them from feeling comfortable and confident in their bodies. Tummy tuck surgery tightens the abdominal muscles and removes unwanted skin and fat from your abdomen to restore a toned tummy and your self-esteem.
Improve Your Appearance With a Tummy Tuck
- Achieves a firm and smooth abdominal contour
- Tones the abdominal muscles
- Reduces signs of stretch marks from the lower abdomen
- Restores confidence in your body
Tummy Tuck Procedure
Tummy tuck surgery removes unwanted skin to achieve a smooth abdominal silhouette. Loose abdominal muscles are stitched together for a toned abdominal contour. For qualifying patients, liposuction can be used to remove excess fat for a firmer abdominal region.
- Utilizes a single incision across the pubic area
- Removes skin from the lower abdomen and tightens slack muscles
- Ideal for patients with tissue laxity below the navel
- Patients are generally in good physical shape but cannot reach their desired abdominal contour through diet and exercise
Schedule Your Free Consultation
- The incision runs the length of the lower abdomen, and a second incision is made around the navel
- Eliminates skin from the mid and lower abdomen
- Tightens loose abdominal muscles
- Ideal for patients that have excess skin and lax abdominal muscles as a result of weight loss or pregnancy
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Frequently Asked Questions
[ Click on questions to view answers. ]
Tummy tuck surgery is primarily designed to remove skin, but fat reduction can also be performed during the procedure. If you have good skin tone and excess fat is what’s preventing you from having the silhouette you desire, liposuction may be an ideal procedure for you. During your consultation, you will be evaluated to determine the best procedure to meet your needs.
Immediately following your surgery, you will experience bruising, redness, swelling, and mild discomfort. You will wear a compression garment to facilitate the healing process. You will need to avoid strenuous physical activity for three to four weeks following your procedure. You should only resume your normal activities, including exercise, with doctor approval.
Tummy tuck surgery is performed under general anesthesia, which makes the procedure painless for the patient. You will experience the most discomfort during the first few days following your procedure. Oral medication is used to control post-operative pain.
Tummy tuck surgery can result in some scarring. The extent depends on the length of the incision used, the healing process, and the patient’s predisposition to scarring. In some cases, the scar may extend from hip bone to hip bone, and in others, it may only run across the lower abdomen. Great care is taken to minimize scarring, and, if possible, incisions are located in areas that can be covered with a bathing suit or underwear. Most scars fade over time.
The cost of a tummy tuck differs from patient to patient depending on individual needs. Geographical location, surgical fees, anesthesia fees, and the extent of correction can all affect the ultimate cost of your tummy tuck. A more exact price will be discussed during your consultation. PREMIERE Center for Cosmetic Surgery also offers financing options, which you can view here.